I am a BBC journalist and part of the team that produces news bulletins for Radio 2, Radio 4, Radio 3 and 6 Music.
This involves writing short news updates, as well as working with correspondents on longer programme pieces and sometimes I get a chance to report and be on air as well.
Want to get in touch? These are the easiest ways:
BBC radio newsroom, December 2017 – current
I work in the domestic radio newsroom creating summaries and bulletins for some of the UK’s biggest radio stations, including BBC Radio 2 and BBC Radio 4.
Lincs FM Group, November 2014 – November 2017
I’m part of the news team working on bulletins for Lincs FM, Compass FM and Rutland Radio.
Sheffield Live, September 2014 – November 2014
Head of News
I headed up the news team for a new television channel while it launched. As well as managing people and news agendas I also presented bulletins and filmed reports.
University of Lincoln, October 2012 – September 2014
I teach journalism students how to use equipment and software as well as support them with story and programme ideas.
Sister, July 2012 – April 2014
Social media executive
I recorded and edited weekly news bulletins about Regent Street and I managed social media for audio and video projects.
• Presenter and producer at Siren FM, East Midland’s 2013 station of the year
• Journalist at Blue & Green Tomorrow, October 2011-April 2012
• Community journalist at The Lincolnite, May 2011-August 2011
• National media: Stringer for Sky News general election cover in 2010, ITV News at 10
• Local media work experience: BBC Lincolnshire, Lincs FM, Bucks Herald
• Editor of University of Lincoln’s award nominated student newspaper The Linc
• Journalism skills: Researching, interviewing, writing and sub-editing, 60wpm shorthand
• Radio skills: Know how to use a radio studio and software including Burli, Myriad and Adobe, editing, presenting, producing
• Online skills: Image editing, WordPress, social media, basic HTML
• Other skills: Full driving licence, excellent team player, good at managing people
University of Lincoln, 2008-2011
BA (Hons) Journalism
Specialised in radio and print in my final year
Hobbies and interests
I’m a keen cook and I love developing dishes and one of my recipes has appeared in a local charity cook book.
I enjoy reading, lane swimming and practising photography.